Enforcing the EULA #1

4 years ago

teej107, Member

Are you going to be enforcing the MC eula or something similar for your server software?

Enforcing the EULA #2

4 years ago

MazenK, Admin

What we will do is have a warning of the EULA when the server starts, referring to a link of said EULA. What we will not do however, is shut down your server if you do not follow the EULA. Furthermore, there is no "enforcing" of the Minecraft EULA by any means, it is you as the server owner's responsibility to comply with Minecraft's EULA.

TL;DR: No, we will not.

Last edit by MazenK, 4 years ago

Enforcing the EULA #3

4 years ago

xTrollxDudex, Admin

Additionally, the "EULA" affects Mojang's software and servers. The EULA only refers to the server distributed by Mojang, and doesn't specify software intended to have similar functionality.

Enforcing the EULA #4

4 years ago

Vilsol, Admin

An easier way to explain is that there are 2 companies: "Ex. Mojang" and "TridentSDK". They have created a piece of software, and published the protocol of this software online. We have created a piece of software that supports their protocol, but could be made for different purposes.

Enforcing the EULA #5

4 years ago

Skionz, Member

That is very interesting. Would this mean that you could legally create a pay to win server with your software? I'm not too sure how the client would play into all of this.

Last edit by Skionz, 4 years ago

Enforcing the EULA #6

4 years ago

xTrollxDudex, Admin

I do believe it is possible to do so legally.

Enforcing the EULA #7

4 years ago

teej107, Member

I was just asking if you would require something similar like the EULA whether it was Mojang's or your own. I like the idea of Mojang's EULA for the most part which was why I was asking if Trident would be implemeting something like it.

Enforcing the EULA #8

4 years ago

Skionz, Member

Many people hate the EULA so could be a good advertisement tactict to offer a solution towards it.

Enforcing the EULA #9

4 years ago

teej107, Member

I don't like pay-to-win but I don't mind if the donators and freeloaders are seperated if the donators would get any advantage.

Enforcing the EULA #10

4 years ago

Pookeythekid, Member

My gosh, no EULA with Trident?! Someone get this thread publicized, I'm sure everyone's going to come running over here! Not that pay-to-win is great, but it really sucks not to have some advantages for paying actual money.

Copyright © 2019 TridentSDK
Made by Vilsol