Forum Suggestions #1

4 years ago

Pookeythekid, Member

I'd like to simply suggest that there be discussion threads attached to each blog post, just as there are on the bukkit.org and most other sites with a blog. Being totally ignorant about... what is this forum software? Atlassian? Anyway, being ignorant about <whatever this forum's name is>, I'm not sure if it allows that, but if it does that would be great to have.

But since it doesn't exist yet, I'll just discuss the latest blog post here. I just wanted to ask: Are the two separate projects of API and implementation like Bukkit/CraftBukkit in such a way that they both work as API? For a while, until I found out that you were actually supposed to use bukkit.jar, I compiled my Bukkit plugins against craftbukkit.jar, and they worked perfectly fine. I personally think that it would both be simpler on plugin developers and possibly easier on Trident developers to keep everything in one project. That is, as long as you keep the license issues totally out of the way; we all know what happened to Bukkit because they didn't do that very well, and we as plugin developers are fortunate to still have the bukkit.jar API still available.

Forum Suggestions #2

4 years ago

xTrollxDudex, Admin

The forums are developed by Vilsol. You can check him out with the GitHub like in the footer (or right here). He's been really busy lately.

In this case, the answer to your question is yes, the current design emulates exactly like the Bukkit API. I totally agree with you, in fact, I talked about it with Mazen a few weeks ago, but he decided that we needed more feedback. I'll be back shortly.

Forum Suggestions #3

4 years ago

Pookeythekid, Member

Alright. Having read the update on that same blog post, I just wanted to clarify something. It's legal to use the same class names as Bukkit as long as the code inside of the classes are your own code, correct?

Forum Suggestions #4

4 years ago

xTrollxDudex, Admin

Yes. Bukkit does not own the names and ideas behind the name, and copyright does not protect those. Also, Mazen and I are working on moving everything into a single project. Thanks for your feedback!

Last edit by xTrollxDudex, 4 years ago

Forum Suggestions #5

4 years ago

Vilsol, Admin

If you were to look at WEB-5 you would see that a comment system is planned with a major priority.

Forum Suggestions #6

4 years ago

Pookeythekid, Member

Troll: Alright. And no problem.

Vilsol: Okay, cool. Thanks. :)

Copyright © 2019 TridentSDK
Made by Vilsol